Monday, August 24, 2009

Losing the Weight

Although I have not yet reached my goal weight, I am writing about my weight loss because I am so surprised at how easily it has come off since I began to use the law of attraction. I have lost approximately 30 pounds since I started using The Secret. That is on top of the 25 pounds that I lost right after I had my baby. I still have about 20 pounds to go, but the weight seems to be coming off without much effort. Although I have been moving more in my daily life, I have not been on a regular exercise regimen for this loss.
Here is the story of my weight loss: I had a baby at the end of January of this year (2009) I lost 25 pounds within the 2 weeks after delivery, but then I stopped losing weight for about 2 months. Maybe I lost 5 pounds in the next 2 months, but the weight was not coming of nearly as fast as I had hoped. I kept looking in the mirror, feeling horrible about my body, wondering if I would ever feel confident and be able to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes again. Around that time I watched the movie The Secret. I made my vision board, and waited. On my vision board I didn't put up girls who I wanted to look like because I just wanted to look like myself, just a thinner version. So, I put up pictures of girls who I felt exuded a trait that I felt when I was thinner. I wanted to feel confident, healthy, sexy.
After I placed the vision board in my bedroom I didn't quite know what else to do. I wasn't ready to start a diet or exercising a lot, so I just visualized a thinner version of myself, the clothes I would wear and how I would feel. For about a week nothing happened, but then a thought process began. I soon realized that I would eat the most when I was just bored at home, especially when my son was napping. Once that was realized, I thought about what I could do during that time instead of eat. I really wanted more sleep. I felt a little strange taking a nap, but I told myself I would just try it for the week and see how I felt. Once I was open to let myself try this, the rest of my life kind of fell into place around that. I found that after my nap I would have enough energy to take him out somewhere or go on a walk in the afternoon. So, not only was I not eating during his morning nap time, but I was gaining more sleep and consequently have enough energy to do something active in the afternoon which was helping me achieve weight loss. That has been the start of my new lifestyle. I have been doing more of what I love such as going on walks around my neighborhood, on hiking trails, biking, swimming, etc... and less eating out of boredom. That's about it so far. I plan on starting to exercise more frequently and a little bit harder to try to get off these last 20 pounds. I really want to be able to run 3 miles without being exhausted. So this fall I am going to accomplish that.
I feel that I am beginning to really grasp the concept of the law of attraction. Just do what you love and live the life you want. Everything else just falls into place.
Check out this website if you are looking to lose weight using The Secret: http://www.ehow.com/how_4773015_weight-secret-law-of-attraction.html

No comments:

Post a Comment