Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Secret got my Friend a Good Man

I have a friend who I absolutely adore, but when it comes to relationships she is a bit of a pessimist. She always assumes that she is going to be alone forever and never find "The One". Most of her relationships are pretty short and have ended badly. I was talking to her about two months ago, telling her that she should make a vision board or a journal entry writing exactly what she wants in a man and then look at it every day. Not being sure if she would really do this, I had her tell me on the phone exactly what she wanted in a boyfriend.
Now fast forward to last night(approximately 2 months later), I get a phone call from her. She says she has been dating someone for a few weeks now and it is going great! Her exact words were "It's so nice to be with someone who you know is into you. No games." Turns out this is someone she has known and has been friends with for 4 years, but never looked at in a romantic way until recently. She said they have always had a great time together, but never thought about dating because neither of them wanted to date someone from work. I guess at the same time they let their guard down and decided to forget their silly rules and be open to what could be. Isn't it amazing! This person has been there the whole time, but just now her eyes opened to it. Goes to show you, never close any doors.
I told her how awesome I thought it was and how last time we talked, she was saying how she really wanted a nice boyfriend. She preceded to tell me that she did decide to implement The Secret, and she asked the universe to send her a man with these certain qualities. She wrote it all on a piece of paper, tried really hard to be positive and grateful, and she waited patiently. After about a month, her eyes opened to this man. She said that just being aware of what she wanted in a man helped her to see that this person had all those qualities. Good luck to them!
It's so nice to hear stories of how gratitude, positive thinking, and straight out asking for what you want is working in real people's lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment