Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Money, Money, Money

Many people have sent me messages to my twitter account (www.twitter.com/kozlakow) asking if I have received more money by using The Secret. The answer is yes, but once again, it has not happened in the way I expected it to. What I expected was that my husband or myself would find another job making double what we make now, or that we might win a lottery (we don't play, so that thought was kind of silly).
A few things actually happened. 1. A relative gave us a large sum of money as a belated wedding gift. 2. My husband's housing stipend ended up covering our entire mortgage which we didn't think would happen. 3. I have started to see money differently which has resulted in us having more (I will explain this further).
The first two things that happened are pretty self-explanatory, but the third is what I will tell you about here. This is how it starts: One day, as I was going through my mail, I received a packet of papers from Similac, which is the brand of formula my son uses, enclosed was a $5 coupon (I get these all the time). Sometimes I use the coupons and sometimes I forget, but this time as I looked at that coupon, I saw it as Similac actually sending me a $5.00 bill. This is something that I need to buy, that I always buy, and they are giving me $5.00 off which is basically $5.oo in my pocket. Now this is all common sense, but I've never had a problem not using coupons in the past. This time I just couldn't ignore it. It's hard to explain, but I started seeing coupons and sales as money in my pocket. It was like the universe really was sending me money, I just had to stop being lazy and actually use what was being sent my way.
I began putting the money we were saving into a separate savings account for day trips and fun stuff, so that keeps me even more motivated to use coupons and buy sales because if I save $10 at the grocery store, then that is $10 more towards having fun and leading the life I love to live. We have managed to save about $500 in three months just by using coupons and buying what we need when there is a sale. We do not buy anything on sale that we don't already use. So, although this is nothing really profound, it has worked.
What I am wondering now is if it makes a difference how big something is on your vision board. For example, I had written 'more money' pretty small and only once on my board, and it's the thing that has happened in the smallest amount. So, if on my next vision board, I write it bigger and supply a picture of exactly what I want, I wonder if it will come in greater amounts. I have read stories of people writing exactly how much money they would like to make in a given year posting it on their vision board and then a year later making very close to that exact amount. This year should be intersting as it will be the first year I am not going to be working full time because I want to stay home with my son. So making more money while working less is going to be an experiment! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment